TRAINING CROSSING THE ANDES
- Walk 3 times a week, start with 30 minutes the first 20 days, then take it to 1 hour until walking 1 hour 30 minutes.
- One Sunday a month, walk with a 60-liter backpack with at least 5kg to 10 kg for 1 hour and if there are buildings nearby, go up and down stairs with the backpack.
- Hydration: about 3 months before the date of crossing the Andes, begin with hydration 2 liters per day, to avoid suffering from altitude sickness.
- One month before the crossing, start sleeping inside the bed bag with the insulation (on the ground).
- If you do physical activity such as gym, functional, cycling, etc. We recommend using the sleeping bag and training with the backpack.